Monday

What's in my art travel kit?



Ever wonder what's in my art travel kit? *winks* It's everything I can fit into my Kipling pouch + an art journal. If it's a long flight, they come with me on the plane. Otherwise, I just pack them in my checked-in luggage.


I do switch it up a bit depending on what's my latest "craze".
These days, it's drawing and painting faces. :)


1. A5 art journal

The pages are prepped with gesso and some pages have simple backgrounds done with mists and masks.

2. Faber Castell Gelatos

These are my faves because of their versatility. They can be used as a wet or dry medium. And you can use your fingers or a brush.

3. Prismacolor pencils + sharpener + eraser

I use the pencils for drawing. They are super blendable. And when you work with them on top of an acrylic painted surface, the marks can be erased!

4. Montana and Posca paint markers + Sakura white gelly roll pen + Faber Castell PITT pen

The Montana and Posca paint markers are filled with thin acrylic paints that are opaque and perfect for colouring in faces. The Montana ones are refillable. Both are made in Japan.

The Sakura gelly roll pen and Faber Castell PITT pens are for journaling.

5. Holbein watercolours

I recently bought this travel metal tin box and filled it up with 12 yummy Holbein watercolours in half pans. Next on my list are Schmincke watercolours.

6. Water brushes + spritzer

Acrylics are very hard on brushes so I bring two water brushes with one especially for watercolour. The spritzer is for diluting the colorants and washing my brushes.

There you have it. What's in my art travel kit.  What about you? What are your essentials when you travel?

P/s: I'm currently exploring my digital options so that if I really need to travel light, I can just bring a tablet with me.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

11 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

Yvonne you are making great progress with your drawing skills with all that practice !!

Caz said...

Oh your travelling art kit is very interesting!! Mine consists of pretty much nothing at the moment :-P I have never used the gelato things but they look very intriguing!!

Lizzy Hill said...

I don't really do much when travelling - which is only when I'm on holidays....but I take lots of photos to scrap!!! I do, however, always take a diary to fill in. More a writer than drawer when traveling :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Very cool!!! LOVING your travel bag!!!!!!

SD pooja said...

You carry your craft stuff even while traveling ?? A true crafter at heart..Your face are getting more and more beautiful !

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, perfect little travel kit, Yvonne! And I am LOVING your latest painted lady!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Interesting! My travel art kit has an art journal, colored pencils, a pencil sharpener, a good eraser, a small ruler and compass, black pens, dry adhesive and small scissors.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

that looks like a fun travel kit, love the face in your journal, so fabulous.

Lisa said...

Your journal page looks amazing!! You did a fabulous job with her!! And I love your travel kit!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Annette Allen said...

now that is the perfect travel kit.. you got it covered..

Your art is GORGEOUS..

Kit Homes said...

I impressed by the quality of information on this website. There are a lot of good resources here. I am sure I will visit this place again soon.
Fabric kite houses

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It